Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Is 6:30 too early to go to bed?

At 26 years old, I really just asked myself that question. In correlation with our previous post, our lives have been revolving around sickness recently. Just as Marty regained strength and broke his fever, I got a fever and went downhill. It started Saturday night, with uncontrollable shaking/shivering which resulted in me putting on all the clothes I could get to and piling blankets on the bed and nearly suffocating Marty. We skipped Church on Sunday, slept in and camped out on the couch all day. Sunday night I threw up multiple times and whined to Marty that I hate throwing up and I will never get pregnant b/c I hate throwing up ( I get a little dramatic while sick). Monday, our housing director had planned on having all old windows replaced, wonderful! This meant I had to put make-up on (dramatic) and that the house had to be kind of clean (again, dramatic) for the complete strangers that were going to be replacing the windows. From 12-7:30pm 5 men were in and out of my apartment cutting out the windows, leaving holes open to the elements, gluing new windows in (stinky) and banging, drilling, and making all sorts of loud noises. I tried to get up off the couch, hoping to be able to leave for a while, yet 5 minutes into standing up I felt both nauseous and headaches. I camped out on the couch, politely making small talk with the men as they walked in and out, and watched every girly movie I own. After the men left, I decided #1- I had no voice and #2- I felt bad, not just a little bad but cry out loud bad. #1 and #2 ( and Marty) helped me to call into work and tell them I wouldn't be coming in. Praise the Lord I don't have my own classroom this year and, with some guilt, I was easily able to take the day off. I am finally feeling better, not 100% better, but not-infectious better. Who knows what this bug actually was...Marty and I are very different in many ways, yet share this common fear/dislike of doctors. Not a great thing to have in common, but so far we have survived.

I just took the longest hottest shower ever and think all the phlegm is gone for now. I was contemplating going directly to bed, yet thought this weekend/week was too funny not to write down for us to smile at later. I think I will wrap up the evening with some Glee ( 7pm central time:) ) and head to bed.

* This post is so long probably because I have only spoken to Marty, the window repairmen, my Mom and the Target cashier for the past 4 days :) Thanks for listening, back to work tomorrow


Reid said...

you are hilarious. I was laughing out loud. Love you and hope you feel so much better tomorrow.

Reid said...

that was from me, Mere. Love Ally - not Reid

stacy said...

mississippi state! mississippi state! mississippi state!!!

stacy said...

that was from reid, not stacy! seriously, you couple o' cates--hope all the sicknesses are out the window (new ones!) and you're back at it! love you!!