I had a great time being surrounded by lots of Vera Bradley lovin' women at the conference last week. People in St. Louis do not love their Vera like they do in the south, yet I was pleasantly embraced by the love of Vera at the conference. Anyway, here are some highlights:
- 11 hour drive in the snow with 6 women in one mini-van, lots of potty breaks
- sharing a hotel room with 3 co-workers close to my age, slumber party!
- seeing Lucy Calkins and Debbie Miller in person!... these are two major big-wigs in the education world if your response was "huh?"
- learning more about Reading Recovery, and thinking it is my calling in the education world
- watching The Bachelor with my 5 co-workers in our cozy hotel room, lots of chocolate
- dreaming bigger goals and ideas for our small Christian school
Overall, this trip was such a blessing for my relationships with some of my co-workers. We learned a lot about literacy in the classroom, and about each other. I was totally ready to return home because of lack of sleep and a tiring schedule, yet loved every class, speaker and chance we got to hang out.