I'm 1/2 way through enjoying Spring Break here in Missouri, and so far it has been everything I desired. The weather is gorgeous! I have had plenty of relaxing time (a.k.a sitting in the beach chair and reading magazines from the library), and plenty of social time with friends. I have rediscovered my love for the park that is across the street from the seminary. Complete with its mile long trail around a pond, this park is the perfect workout spot on a nice day. On Monday I loved it a little too much, 6 miles too much, and got two blisters on my feet. We have been able to spend time with our friends on campus and hang out with their kids, which there isn't time for when I'm working all day.
There are signs all around that Spring is finally coming to Missouri. We discovered that this huge tree right outside our windows is a beautiful Magnolia that had just started to bloom. It does not have the typical white blossom you think of as a magnolia blossom, it is pink and white like the pictures below ( from the computer, my photography skills are not that great). What a beautiful reminder of Spring right outside of our window!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Next week is Spring Break! My school's calendar follows a local Christian high school's calendar, which follows Covenant Seminary's calendar; therefore, Marty and I have Spring break together! Such a blessing. Marty has to be on-call all week, so we are not able to travel anywhere. It will still be a wonderful time to slow down together. Here are some of our to do's for the week:
- try out some new farmers markets in the area
- install some shelves in the living room ( see inspiration picture)
- go walking in a nearby park
- visit with a fun friend from Norfolk
- have some phone dates with friends back East
- free breakfast dates with Marty at Chick-fil-a, thanks to our new neighbor who graciously shared her coupons with us :) It is nice to know people who work at Chick-fil-a
- update my MO drivers license, since I am legally Meredith Grace Grace right now, how I missed that the first time I have no idea!
- do a little Spring cleaning
Saturday, March 5, 2011
Update- After the last post, I put my brave face on, went to work, proceeded to throw-up my lunch in the shared student/teacher bathroom, cried to one of the secretaries and went home early. I slept from 1-5, woke up ate some Cheerios then slept from 7:30pm-10:00am. I finally think the crud has left our home for good, praise the Lord.