Flips: shortest setting, 4 snaps in...will this ever change?
HG nurses 4 times a day usually around 7,11,3,7. She eats breakfast, lunch and dinner with us. She is still a lover of all Mexican dishes, yogurt, and all veggies. She is starting to prefer to eat what we are eating, and likes the independence of feeding herself peas and carrots, beans, cherry tomatoes and such. HG naps twice a day usually around 9-11 and 1-3.
- HG loves going on walks. She points out the birds, and when she hears dogs barking she will "bark" or grunt back at them. When we ask her what the doggy says, she makes this same grunting/barking sound :)
- HG reads with her feet. She props the book up on her feet and turns the pages. HG prefers books over toys 9 times out of 10.
- She is saying Mama, Dada, more, bird, light, bye-bye. She understands everything! It is amazing to think about how her little mind can comprehend what we are telling her now. She listens when we tell her "no ma'am", and will look back at us and grin.
- HG crawls all over the house and although she can crawl on her hands and knees, she prefers to army crawl.
- HG's hair is getting curls!
- The day before her birthday she pulled up in the crib for the first time to her knees and then to standing. When she was supposed to be settling down for a nap, I heard high pitch, girly screaming, as though Zach Morris just asked her out to grab a milkshake at the Max. She was so tickled that she pulled up to standing, then proceeded to eat the crib :)
- She has 6 teeth, 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom.
- Everyone still comments on her sweet disposition. HG has a sweet soul, and a gentle spirit. Not too much upsets her except going to bed at night. She doesn't like to miss out on any fun.
HG and I went to Virginia for my cousin's wedding. This was HG's first time on an airplane!
First stop in Richmond was to meet Marty's Grandmother, HG's Great Grandma Cates.
HG loved Great Grandma Cates' TV and playing patty cake with her.
That evening, the Cates had lots of family over for HG to meet for the first time as well, and I forgot to take pictures :(
The next morning we traveled to Roanoke for the wedding weekend!
Hatley-Grace slept pretty well in her pack n play and enjoyed a treat of morning TV and Cherrios in bed.
We celebrated HG's birthday with a lunch out to Panera. She was spoiled by her Grandparents, Great Grandparents and Aunt B.
HG did beautifully during the hot, outdoor ceremony with my Dad.
A water bottle is the best distraction for sure!
I love this shot of my Grandmother with HG.
HG and I made a quick visit to Blacksburg to visit Tech. I just loved seeing what they have added to the campus and town.
First stop was to the Horticulture Gardens where Marty and I got engaged. They have added a new event house and lots of beautiful plants and sitting areas. HG is on a bench where we got engaged :)
We stopped by Lane Stadium as well.
Then we ventured to the drill field and took some classic Tech shots, thanks to the kind Hokies walking by.
HG was super hungry, so we stopped at Moes which was not there when we went to Tech. I wish we could have gone to a more local fun place, but being alone with HG I knew mexican would be her favorite and something we could share. She probably ate 1/2 my burrito bowl. Cabo will have to wait until Marty and I can return.
After lunch, we drove 3 1/2 hours to Richmond to visit with my college roomies. HG napped most of the trip.
HG and I had a fun adventure together in Virginia!