HG at 13 months! These pictures say it all. We were alone a majority of this month due to Marty traveling with the youth. These are the best pictures I could get with a squirmy baby alone :) My apologies!
Hair/Eyes: Light brown, hazel
Diapers: Flips- shortest length, 4 snaps in, disposables- 3
Clothing: 12m, dresses are still 6-12m, 9m
This has been a very difficult month in the department of eating and sleeping. 1/2 of the month she continued on a normal routine, nursing every 4 hours and two naps. Then we began the weaning process, and everything got very out of routine. She began waking in the night, which she has not done in months and months. She starting fighting naps, and I felt as though I was wasting all day with her screaming in the crib not wanting to sleep. I stopped the weaning process, at least until Marty is home consistently to help.
She has started trying whole milk this month. I'm not sure she likes it yet, but she will drink a little bit at a time. Cherrios are her all time favorite breakfast right now. I could make anything else for breakfast, and she would just have one or two bites...but if I bring out the Cherrios, her face lights us and she says "mmmmm", which in this house means more. She also loves meat and roasted vegetables and peas.
HG turns pages in books, and grabs small objects with her fingers. She often uses her feet just like her hands :) She enjoys finding all the small objects, bugs, and dust bunnies in the house and tries to eat them.
HG is crawling more on her hands and knees, yet to move quickly she prefers army crawling. She confidently pulls up on the couch, pack n play and doors, and will yell for help to get down. She has a new water table that she will stand and play with for a short time before her legs get tired. She is not cruising yet.
Favorites this month:
- We went to the park to swing a lot this month. She enjoys swinging, but I think she likes people watching/kid watching the most. She squeals in delight while watching other children play.
- She loves buttons on clothing and will always point them out.
- She still likes going on walks, but yearns to get out of the stroller towards the end...could be the heat.
- She likes swimming and is fearless in the water.
- When Marty returned from his last trip, she showed herself to be a true Daddy's girl. She will fuss when he leaves now, and will find pictures of him in the house and say Dada. She snuggles on him and gives him lots of big hugs!
- No new teeth, but she has been working on some molars the past week or so. Not fun!
- Whenever I'm cooking, or baking she will say "hot" and blow out to cool it down.